KXIP vs KKR Live Score

The family members of two Saudi sisters found washed up on the shore of the Hudson river in NY have denied reports the two women killed themselves.

The bodies of Tala Farea, 16, and Rotana Farea, 22, both of Fairfax, were found Wednesday afternoon, tied together at their feet with what appeared to be duct tape, and they also appeared to be bound at the waist, the New York Police Department said.

The police department released new passport-style photographs on Wednesday showing the two young women with headscarves over their hair.

NY police were still trying to piece together on Wednesday a mystery over two young women whose bodies were discovered a week ago on the rocky Manhattan shore of the Hudson River, bound together with duct tape around their waists and ankles.

Police identified them as 16-year-old Tala Farea and 22-year-old Rotana Farea. A spokeswoman for the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner did not return messages Sunday seeking information.

"We're looking at a two-month gap", Shea said, referring to the time since Tala was reported missing.

"The detectives' work has filled in numerous pieces, but there's still some gaps that we would like to fill in and get a real clear picture of what happened in the last two months".

The sisters' bodies were taped together and facing each other, but had no obvious signs of trauma, police said.

The sisters were pronounced dead where they were found along the riverbank, police said. The Farea sisters were reported missing again, for the second and final time, on August 24.

Rather than live on campus like many of her classmates, Rotana traveled back to her home in Falls Church, Virginia where she lived with her mother, brother and Tala.

Saudi Arabia's consulate general in NY did not comment on the Times report directly.

NYPD said the reason they released the images was because they were not getting any leads that would help the investigation based on the sketches released earlier last week.

A relative tells Arab News that the sisters were part of a happy family. A George Mason spokesman called the news of her death "tragic", and said the university was cooperating with police.